At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us, in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities, irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
BASF Coatings Services in Eindhoven is a growing engineering department in start-up phase. As part of the new business development, the department is involved in production engineering in the field of functional films and coatings. We realize innovative equipment and process solutions to enable new product introduction. We are located at the High Tech Campus where we cooperate closely with partners and the other departments of our international BASF organization.
As a System Architect at BASF Eindhoven, you initiate and realize the architecture, requirements, and design specifications for high tech production systems. You cooperate with BASF production and product development sites. With those departments and with the BASF engineering team you define technical roadmaps to fulfill business goals and realize the needed projects. Some of your tasks would also include:
- Technically lead the development and implementation of production systems from initiation till ramp up.
- Lead multidisciplinary engineering teams and manage interfaces with applicable disciplines and external partners.
- Support the installed base with problem solving and improvement projects.
- Commissioning of equipment and processes at suppliers and deliver projects into the production department.
For this position, we are looking for a technical expert who has strong communication skills, someone who is able to translate the needs of our internal customers into concrete requirements for our specialists. You should have a broad insight in the relevant fields to overview the whole engineering process. Further requirements are:
- Bachelor or master degree, preferably physics or for instance mechanical, electric, automation engineering from a reputable institute.
- At least 5 years of experience in system engineering in equipment projects and programs.
- Working experience in (or close to) a production environment.
- Experience with leading multidisciplinary engineering teams and working with external (international) partners.
- Background in high tech industries, e.g. semiconductor, electronics, solar, medical.
- Ability to travel in the mid-Europe area.
- Preferable knowledge in deposition and thin film coating technologies.
- Preferable certification black belt six sigma.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, German is a plus.
We offer a dynamic and international and high-tech environment, powered by BASF. You are part of the business with a lot of responsibility for the architecture of the total production system. In this role, you can make the difference within a professional and motivated team. You will:
- Have a challenging job with excellent primary and secondary conditions.
- Receive 8.3% holiday allowance, year-end bonus and a variable bonus up to 20% of the annual salary.
- Receive 25 vacation days in addition to 6 adv days (work-time reduction) based on a 40-hour work week.
- Have excellent career opportunities within an international organization.
- Be part of the best employers in the Netherlands (Top Employer 2020 & Most Attractive Employer 2019).