We are the world's number one in chemistry because of our intelligent solutions: for our clients and for a sustainable future. The development opportunities for our employees are as diverse as our people themselves, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or philosophy of life. A combination that exceeds all expectations and makes us stronger. And that is typical of the world leader in chemistry. Because at BASF, we create careers.
In Heerenveen (approx. 230 employees) we develop and produce water-based polymer products and formulation additives for the Packaging and Coatings industry. With a multidisciplinary team (Marketing, Technical Service, Application & Syntheses Lab, Engineering and Production) we work on market demands of the Printing & Packaging industry.
Within our Product Safety & Data Management team, we ensure compliance with chemical regulations for our products and provide the license to operate with them. We develop digital concepts in order to proactively meet future requirements, for example the EU Green Deal, and thus contribute to the sustainable development of our business. Your tasks will be concerned with:
- Your expertise is required! You will be responsible for a portfolio of products and procure, evaluate and assess data, e.g., for the creation of safety data sheets;
- To continuously ensure data quality, you will act in a global team with colleagues from product management, marketing, research and production;
- You will support the development of new and existing products with regard to product safety-relevant topics, such as the "EU chemical strategy for sustainability";
- Join our team and further develop our enterprise data lake, present large amounts of data transparently with suitable digital solutions and optimize business processes;
- Executing processes to ensure BASF provides adequate product relates regulatory safety and environmental information.
In this position you will report to the Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs Manager.
- Master's degree in chemistry, Ph.D. is preferable;
- Interest in developing digital tools and automizing processes;
- Coding knowledge, e.g. Python or SQL is preferred, not expected;
- Fluent English language skills, good skills in German;
- Accurate and good communication skills.
- A challenging position for 32 to 40 hours per week with an attractive salary based on business success and your individual performance;
- Onboarding, which makes it easier for you to get started so that you are part of the BASF team from day one;
- Mobile working, for a better work-life balance;
- A year-end bonus + 8.3% vacation allowance;
- A target bonus of 12.5% of the annual salary on average;
- 25 vacation days + 6 adv days;
- Excellent growth opportunities within an international organization;
- Free use of our Employee Assistance Program for the well-being of you and your family members;
- A challenging job with one of the best employers in the Netherlands (Top Employer 2021).