We are the world's number one in chemistry because of our intelligent solutions: for our clients and for a sustainable future. Development opportunities for our employees are as diverse as our people themselves, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or philosophy of life. A combination that exceeds all expectations and makes us stronger. This is typical for the world leader in chemistry. Because at BASF, we create careers.
In Heerenveen (approx. 230 employees) we develop and produce water-based polymer products for packaging and coatings. We also make water- and solvent-based Formulation Additives for coatings, inks and adhesives. With a multidisciplinary team (Marketing, Technical Service, Application & Syntheses Lab, Engineering and Production) we work on market demands of the Coatings and Printing & Packaging industry.
Our global business unit G-EDJ/A is responsible for sales, marketing and product management of the additives portfolio for paint, coatings and inks. Within this portfolio there are well known brands such as Efka, Tinuvin, Dispex and Rheovis. Our additives are produced in assets around the globe.
The unit G-EDJ/AP Global Product Management Additives is responsible for the profitability, availability, reliability and allocation of our products. We are looking for a global product manager who takes responsibility for our portfolio of Rheovis and Loxanol products. You will be in regular contact with the sites involved in the production of these products.
As a global product manager your tasks can be classified into different areas.
- You will make business decisions to achieve our financial and strategic goals by optimizing EBIT, ROCE and working capital;
- In addition, you will define global pricing guidelines to ensure sustainable margin generation and manage the asset utilization;
- You will ensure the product availability, initiate initiatives to improve reliability and continuity and take production related business decisions;
- For those assets in your responsibility, you initiate asset optimization measures and ensure profitable and sustainable product mix;
- You will also manage product portfolios and initiate appropriate activities such as product pruning and setting up new production sites;
- Ability to network and cooperate with colleagues around the globe;
- In cooperation with Global Strategic Marketing, you develop and implement global production strategies.
- Successful degree in the field of chemistry, engineering or economics;
- At least three years of professional experience in marketing, product management, controlling or production;
- Knowledge and experience in paint and coatings market and ideally experience with additives;
- Excellent leadership skills and an analytical mindset;
- Excellent communication skills in English, ability to communicate in German and Dutch is a big advantage, further languages (Spanish) are an asset;
- You enjoy working in a multicultural team and multifunctional environment.
- A challenging position for 40 hours per week with an appropriate monthly salary;
- A year-end bonus + 8.33% vacation allowance;
- A target bonus of 17.5% of the annual salary on average;
- 25 vacation days + 6 adv days;
- Excellent growth opportunities within an international organization;
- Free use of our Employee Assistance Program for the well-being of you and your family members;
- A challenging job with one of the best employers in the Netherlands (Top Employer 2021).