At BASF, chemistry is right – because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you.
Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us, in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disabilities or belief.
Isobionics B.V is a wholly owned subsidiary (around 25 employees) of BASF Nederland B.V. Isobionics is an ingredients company in the Netherlands that develops, produces and sells a range of natural products in the flavor and fragrance market. It does so by using its proprietary biotech platform. This technology can produce many compounds such as: Components of in citrus oils (Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit), like Valencene and Nootkatone; important fragrance compounds present in Sandalwood oil, and many other basic building blocks for the Flavor & Fragrance industry.
As an HSE Specialist at Isobionics’ you will work closely with colleagues from various departments such as production, R&D, quality and sales. You will play an important role by taking responsibility for health, safety and environment aspects for Isobionics within BASF’s HSE network. You will further support quality assurance activities related to our products and production plants. Main tasks include:
- Support management in providing a safe working environment to all employees;
- Manage and maintain the HSE governance documentation;
- Ensure compliance to HSE requirements and management of change;
- Plan and execute training for your colleagues;
- Prepare and answer to internal and external audits;
- Provide support to quality related activities including QA / QC, management of change, Kosher and Halal certification.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in an SME environment and is flexible to adapt to quick change.
- Solid technical / scientific background (chemistry or engineering preferred);
- Training and relevant experience in HSE management;
- Previous experience in quality management is a plus;
- Ability to set priorities and stand position in a highly dynamic working environment;
- A high degree of solution orientation and a sound proportion of pragmatism round off your profile;
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
- A challenging position for 36 – 40 hours a week;
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team;
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.