At BASF, chemistry is right. Because we rely on innovation in our solutions, on sustainability in our actions and on connectedness in our thinking. And in you. Become part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global and diverse team that stands for equal opportunity regardless of age, background, gender, sexual identity, disability, religion or beliefs.
From the BASF Nederland B.V. office in Arnhem, a large proportion of the 9000 BASF products are sold to national and international customers. These products find their way to the consumer market in thousands of ways. This office is also home to a number of service departments, such as Finance & Controlling, Human Resources, Communication, Facilities Management and Legal & Tax.
As an Indirect Tax Manager & Customs Specialist at BASF Nederland B.V., you are responsible for all VAT and Customs matters for the BASF group companies in the Netherlands.
In this function you are the contact person within BASF for the tax authorities and (international) colleagues. You operate in accordance with the BASF guidelines and execute NL internal ISO audits to schedule and report upon results. Furthermore, you support the implementation and continuous improvement of financial policies, processes and systems. Whilst doing this, you work according to the legal and company health, safety and environment standard.
Your tasks include:
- Process captain for VAT and Customs processes within BASF in the Netherlands;
- Ensure VAT and ICL declarations of Non SAP-NL companies;
- Coordinate between the European Shared Service Center (ESSC) in Berlin and the local organization for the prepared and filed VAT declarations within the ESSC and any other VAT related business;
- Ensure the (general) tax representative service for foreign BASF companies;
- Manage the tax risk management processes of VAT-related audits for the Netherlands and provide support with audits in Europe;
- Advising Business Units (in and outside the Netherlands) regarding VAT and Customs matters;
- Support cross border VAT projects (e.g. new businesses, start-ups);
- Provide VAT and Customs training to the ESSC colleagues and other business stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance of BASF Nederland B.V. with the AEO license, other customs and excise permits;
- Ensure the annual Packaging Tax returns for BNL are submitted.
As an Indirect Tax Manager & Customs Specialist, you will report to the Manager Accounting NL (disciplinary report).
For this position, we are looking for VAT and Customs enthusiast who knows the legislation by the back of their hand and who enjoys working in an international environment.
- A Master’s degree in Indirect Tax;
- Relevant working experience (6-8 years) in a similar position in an international company;
- Knowledge of the Dutch VAT and customs legislation;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch;
- Good knowledge of ERP and finance systems.
- A competitive monthly salary (depending on education and experience);
- 8,3% holiday allowance + fixed 13th month + extensive bonus scheme;
- 25 vacation days + 6 adv days based on a 40-hour working week;
- Flexible working hours and remote options;
- Excellent career opportunities in an international company.