At BASF, chemistry is right. Because we rely on innovation in our solutions, on sustainability in our actions and on connectedness in our thinking. And in you. Become part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global and diverse team that stands for equal opportunity regardless of age, background, gender, sexual identity, disability, religion or beliefs.
In Heerenveen (approx. 230 employees) we develop and produce water-based polymer products and formulation additives for various products. With a multidisciplinary team (Marketing, Technical Service, Application & Syntheses Lab, Engineering and Production) we work on market demands of the Printing & Packaging industry.
One of the strategic business units within the BASF ED division is the Additives unit. Additives are used in paint and coating formulations. You will be part of the global product management department for formulation additives.
Product managers are responsible for the portfolio and margins and they represent the link between business and production. Our current formulation additives portfolio includes approximately 600 different products. The portfolio requires active portfolio management where new products are introduced and less profitable products are deleted. You will have the chance to work with international focus on the following topics:
- Procedures and workflows for managing portfolio: life cycle analysis, profitability review, sustainability etc.;
- Competitor analysis, competitor benchmarking on pricing and cost structure;
- Complexity reduction and reliability improvement;
- Analyzing and, if necessary, adjusting current business rules for portfolio maintenance;
- Carrying out portfolio clean-up by working through product deletions and updates;
- Setting up a pricing benchmarking system.
- You are currently studying Business Administration or other relevant education on Bachelor or Master level
- You have a strong affinity with commerce and marketing.
- You are fluent in Dutch & English
- Ability to work in Microsoft office mainly excel, word, powerpoint
- Challenging assignments with a lot of responsibility and "on the job" training
- A market compatible internship compensation
- A challenging internship at one of the best employers in the Netherlands (Top Employer 2021).