We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Isobionics B.V. is a wholly owned subsidiary (around 20 employees) of BASF Nederland B.V. Isobionics is an ingredients company in the Netherlands that develops, produces and sells a range of natural products in the flavor and fragrance market. It does so by using its proprietary biotech platform. This technology can produce many compounds such as: Compounds present in citrus oils (Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit), like Valencene and Nootkatone; important fragrance compounds present in Sandalwood oil, and many other basic building blocks for the Flavor & Fragrance industry.
As a Quality & Regulatory Manager you will be responsible for managing quality and regulatory compliance of all Isobionics products and processes. Isobionics runs its own multi-ton production facility on site and cooperates with manufacturing partners all over the world. Your tasks include:
- Defining and updating product specifications of raw materials, intermediates and final products;
- Maintaining the company quality system (ISO 22000) and managing quality procedures and work instructions;
- Organizing internal and external testing as needed;
- Carrying out regulatory screening, providing regulatory insight and preparing regulatory applications;
- Defining regulatory framework on all levels for new and under development products;
- Being the main contact person for customers when it comes to quality and regulatory information (such as supplier and product questionnaires);
- Preparing and executing internal and external audits at Isobionics own production site as well as external CMOs located in Europe and Asia;
- Supervising quality control activities and product release;
- Managing non-conformities, customer complaints and product- or process changes;
- Maintaining and controlling food-grade, kosher and halal conformity.
In this role you will report to the Senior Director Operations.
- A bachelor, master’s-degree or equivalent experience in food technology, biotechnology, chemistry or a related discipline;
- Expertise in quality assurance and regulatory processes, possibly through internships. Experience in biotechnology, food technology or chemistry is a big plus;
- Fluent in English.
- A challenging position for preferable 40 hours a week;
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team;
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.