At BASF, chemistry is right – because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us, in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disabilities, or belief.
Isobionics B.V is a wholly owned subsidiary (around 25 employees) of BASF Nederland B.V. Isobionics is an ingredients company in the Netherlands that develops, produces and sells a range of natural products in the flavor and fragrance market. It does so by using its proprietary biotech platform. This technology can produce many compounds such as components in citrus oils (lemon, orange, grapefruit), like Valencene and Nootkatone; important fragrance compounds present in Sandalwood oil, and many other basic building blocks for the Flavor & Fragrance industry.
As a Process Operator Distillation at Isobionics, you will be an important member of our production team. Next to preparing, executing and controlling production runs of our high-value flavor and fragrance products, your secondary focus will be regular own maintenance of installations as well as coordinating with external service providers.
In this position, your main tasks will include:
- Executing production processes by adjusting and operating the equipment and installations according to process and safety regulations in a responsible way such that production loss, delays, or unsafe situations are prevented.
- Checking of various parameters, positions, and contents and adjusting these where necessary.
- Supporting the timely supply of raw and auxiliary materials.
- Reporting deviations, incidents, and near misses, and advising on the measures to be taken in deviation reports.
- Completing and checking protocols; performing in-process checks and reporting these in protocols.
- Remedying minor malfunctions, leakages, blockages, etc.
- Keeping the equipment and the work areas clean.
- Being able to function independently in the assigned process installations and/or work areas, namely: production (distilling and crystallizing raw products into finished products), QC-lab (analyzing intermediate samples following existing protocol), warehousing (packaging of products for shipment), and blending room (filling of end products).
- Safe, healthy and environmentally responsible execution of the activities.
- First-line maintenance and supervising maintenance plan and activities.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a production environment, is flexible, and has a technical background.
- Have a VAPRO-B/C or equivalent qualification (required).
- Have a technical background in mechanics or electronics.
- Understand both chemical and technical processes of equipment in use (incl. operation).
- Are comfortable with operating equipment and solving any malfunctions.
- Are alert for unsafe and/or environmentally unfriendly situations.
- Have insight into quality and safety regulations.
- Can function independently in the task area.
- Are a team player.
- Are accurate and precise.
- Have a good knowledge of MS Office.
- Have a good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- A fixed salary based on 40 hours a week (depending on education and experience).
- 8% holiday compensation.
- 25 annual holidays.
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth within an international organization.
- Challenging position for one of the best employers in the Netherlands (Top Employer 2021).