At BASF, chemistry is right. Because we rely on innovation in our solutions, on sustainability in our actions and on connectedness in our thinking. And in you. Become part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global and diverse team that stands for equal opportunity regardless of age, background, gender, sexual identity, disability, religion or beliefs.
In De Meern we develop, produce and sell catalysts. The catalysts we produce are used in a number of applications. Around 80% of all products we encounter in our daily life were made with the aid of a catalyst. Our product is frequently used in industries like the food industry or the petrochemical industry.
In this function you serve as the key account manager for one of our customers (both with the customer and the Technology Team). You will be coordinating all projects with direct regard to FT (capex, compliance, maintenance) and provide input/support for general (site) projects, which have a direct impact on FT. In detail you are responsible for:
- Regular communication with the customer and leading the ‘Project Steercom’ with the customer.
- You work with the customer to obtain early approval for projects (in collaboration with BM) but also understand BASF processes/procedures for implementing projects. You ensure the on-time/in budget execution of projects.
- You anticipate on consequences of projects (cost, quality, risk) and the impact on BASF’s earnings (as outlined in the Customers contract) and work closely together with BM and Controlling on optimizing outcome.
- You initiate studies on projects in the conceptual phase, solicit input from stakeholders and take the lead in defining those projects.
- You research and implement process improvements (continuous improvement) to increase the profitability of the factories
- You develop improvement measures according to internal or external engineering and EHS standards and implement these in the factories according to the management of change procedure.
- You prepare and elaborate the scaling up of new products to the factory or the transfer of existing products from or to other production locations and you organize the transfer to Production Management.
- You prepare and elaborate the qualification of new raw materials, draw up specifications and organize the transfer to Production Management.
- You support projects for new or existing installations, for example: concept and basic/detail engineering, design of mechanical overpressure or under pressure protections, the use of best practices, internal or external standards.
- You ensure knowledge transfer by setting up process documentation and process (safety) documentation and communication with operators.
- You draw up production models for new products and evaluate existing models.
- You align with the site for resources and challenge the existing mind-set to come up with better solutions.
For this position we are looking for somebody with good communication skills to interact effectively with various stakeholders. You like to take the lead in projects and with your strategic view you do not lose sight of the long-term goal. Besides that, you bring:
- A completed study (bachelor or master) in a relevant subject.
- Experience in project management(-methods).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a comparable position.
- Knowledge of production processes in the chemical industry
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English.
Challenging assignments with a lot of responsibility and independence. An "on the job" training within a professional and motivated team within an international working environment. In addition, you will receive:
- An attractive remuneration package, including social benefits and excellent career opportunities within an international company.
- 25 vacation days supplemented with 6 ADV days based on a 40-hour working week.
- A challenging position with a lot of freedom and the possibility to organize things according to your own insight.
- An interesting job in a professional, fast-growing, autonomous and flexible organization that is part of a large concern.