At BASF, chemistry is right – because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you.
Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us, in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disabilities or belief.
Isobionics B.V is a wholly owned subsidiary (around 25 employees) of BASF Nederland B.V. Isobionics is an ingredients company in the Netherlands that develops, produces and sells a range of natural products in the flavor and fragrance market. It does so by using its proprietary biotech platform. This technology can produce many compounds such as: components in citrus oils (Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit), like Valencene and Nootkatone; important fragrance compounds present in Sandalwood oil, and many other basic building blocks for the Flavor & Fragrance industry.
As a Quality Control Process Operator at Isobionics, you will be an important member of our production team. Your primary focus will be analytics, your secondary focus will be production.
In this position, the main tasks (analytics) include:
- Running different types of instrumental analytics, preparing samples, executing and interpreting analytical results;
- Operating and maintaining analytical instruments (GC);
- Support and prepare release of incoming, intermediate and outgoing products;
- Support instrumental analytics for our R&D lab;
- Supporting sensory evaluation (smell and taste) of flavor and fragrance products;
- Calculate and determine mixtures to an existing specification;
- Support HSE-activities in the plant, e.g. maintaining chemical inventories, safety data sheets and risk analyses.
Secondary tasks (production) include:
- Executing production processes by adjusting and operating the equipment and installations according to process and safety regulations in responsible way such that production loss, delays or unsafe situations are prevented;
- Checking of various parameters, positions and contents and adjusting these where necessary;
- Supporting the timely supply of raw and auxiliary materials;
- Reporting deviations, incidents and near misses, and advising on the measures to be taken in deviation reports;
- Completing and checking protocols; performing in-process checks and reporting these in protocols;
- Remedying minor malfunctions, leakages, blockages, etc.;
- Keeping the equipment and the work areas clean;
- Being able to function independently in the assigned process installations and/or work areas, namely: production (distilling and crystallising raw products into finished products), warehousing (packaging of products for shipment) and blending room (filling of end products);
- Safe, healthy and environmentally responsible execution of the activities.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working the day shift in a lab environment, is capable of working in a production environment, has the flexibility to work in shifts and has a technical background. Ideally, you:
- Have an MBO 4 (chemical-physical analyst) or MBO 3 (lab analyst) or equivalent qualification and experience;
- Have knowledge of analytical equipment, e.g. GC, DSC, RI, Gardner scale, etc.;
- Are a team player;
- Are comfortable with operating equipment and solving malfunctions;
- Understand both chemical and technical processes of equipment in use, including their operation;
- Have knowledge of MS Office;
- Are able to function independently in the task area;
- Are accurate and precise;
- Have insight into quality and safety regulations;
- Are alert for unsafe and/or environmentally unfriendly situations;
- Have knowledge of the Dutch and English language.
- A fixed salary based on 40 hours a week (depending on education and experience);
- 8% holiday compensation;
- 25 annual holidays;
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth within an international organization;
- Challenging position for one of the best employers in the Netherlands (Top Employer 2021).