At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
BASF Coatings Services in Eindhoven is a growing engineering department in start-up phase. As part of the new business development, the department is involved in production engineering in the field of functional films and coatings. We realize innovative equipment and process solutions to enable new product introduction. We are located at the High Tech Campus where we cooperate closely with partners and the other departments of our international BASF organization.
As a Process Engineer at BASF Eindhoven you are responsible for the production processes in equipment projects. You manage the production process flow from initiation into implementation and ramp up. You work closely with the production organization and product development departments. Some of your tasks are:
- Lead process engineers internal and external.
- Commission the delivery of equipment processes.
- Support the installed base by optimization, problem solving, improvement projects.
- Built and deploy process competence.
For this position we are looking for a technical expert. Someone who is able to translate the product requirements into robust production processes. You should have a broad insight in process development to overview the whole process flow and the process steps. Further requirements are:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in preferably physics, chemical technology or a degree in Mechanical or Electric Engineering from a reputable institute.
- At least 10 years of experience in process engineering in equipment projects and programs.
- Working experience in (or close to) a production environment.
- Experience with leading process engineering and working with external (international) partners.
- Background in high tech industries, e.g. semiconductor, electronics, solar, medical.
- Ability to travel in the mid-Europe area (about 20%, short trips).
- Preferable knowledge in deposition and thin film coating technologies.
- Certification black belt six sigma.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, German is a plus.
We offer a dynamic and international and high-tech environment, powered by BASF. You are part of the business with a lot of responsibility for the process robustness of the total production system. In this role, you can make the difference within a professional and motivated team.
- A challenging job with excellent primary and secondary conditions.
- 8.3% holiday allowance, year-end bonus and a variable bonus up to 20% of the annual salary.
- 25 vacation days in addition to 6 adv days (work-time reduction) based on a 40-hour work week.
- Excellent career opportunities within an international organization.
- A challenging job with one of the best employers in the Netherlands (Top Employer 2020 & Most Attractive Employer 2019).