At BASF, chemistry is right – because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us, in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disabilities or belief.
At BASF Coatings Services B.V. in Eindhoven, you will be part of a growing engineering department in start-up phase. As part of new business development, the department is involved in proto equipment building, in the field of functional films and coatings. We realize innovative equipment and process solutions to enable new product introduction. Located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven – an inspiring environment where high tech companies and startups are united at one of the biggest and most innovative global high tech hot spots - we cooperate closely with partners and the other departments of our international organization.
In this function, you are part of the business with the complete equipment as your scope, and as such can make the difference within a professional and motivated team. As the Project Lead you will lead projects in production equipment. You cooperate with the internal production- and product development sites which are located in mid-Europe. With those departments and with our engineering team, you define the project plan and realize the needed projects. Beside the Project Lead function, you represent the electric discipline in projects.
Some of your tasks include:
- Define and execute the project plan from start till production release;
- Manage interfaces with applicable internal disciplines and external partners;
- Support the installed base with problem solving and improvement projects;
- Commissioning of equipment and processes at suppliers and deliver projects into the production department;
- Technically lead the electric competence: defining the electric concept, translate safety aspects into the electric concept and outsource the electric design and realization.
We are looking for someone who has strong project management skills and the ability to technically lead the electric design. You have strong communication skills and a can-do entrepreneurial flexible attitude, fit to new business development.
Ideally, you have:
- A bachelor or master’s degree in electrical or automation from a reputable institute;
- At least 5 years of experience in system engineering in equipment projects;
- Working experience in (or close to) a production environment;
- Experience with leading projects and working with external (international) partners;
- A broad insight in relevant fields to overview the whole engineering and realization process;
- A background in high tech industries, e.g. semiconductor, electronics, solar, medical;
- The ability to travel in the mid-Europe area;
- Knowledge in deposition and thin film coating technologies (preferable);
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, German is a plus.
- A permanent contract;
- 8,3% holiday compensation, 13th month and an extensive bonus arrangement;
- 25 annual holidays + 6 adv days (based on a 40-hour work week);
- Excellent opportunities for personal growth within an international organization;
- Challenging position for one of the best employers in the Netherlands (Top Employer 2021).