At BASF, chemistry is right – because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you.
Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us, in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disabilities or belief.
Isobionics B.V. is a wholly owned subsidiary of BASF Nederland B.V. with currently ~ 15 employees on site and growing. We are an ingredients company developing, producing and selling a range of natural flavor and fragrance products. Isobionics’ proprietary platform technology is able to produce a wide variety of natural compounds and compositions representing citrus notes like Orange, Grapefruit and Bergamot as well as celebrated fragrance notes Sandalwood and Patchouli – and a lot more.
As a Fermentation Lab Technician you contribute to our growing portfolio of products by transferring experiments from small-scale to bench-scale fermentation. You are involved in, among other things:
- Designing and conducting fermentation experiments, with responsibility for setting up and taking down fermentation equipment.
- Collecting and processing data from fermentation runs.
- You also support in the preparation of media and reagents.
- Evaluating data and contributing to fermentation optimization processes.
- At least a completed MBO or HBO study in the direction of biological sciences, chemical sciences or chemical technology.
- Experience in a biological laboratory that works with micro-organisms.
- Fermentation experience is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills including fluent English.
- The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- A challenging position for 40 hours a week.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.